Summer is finally arrived and with it the season of barbecues with family or friends! But after cooking, there's still one daunting task to tackle: cleaning the grill. Here are our tips for cleaning your barbecue easily and naturally.
Whether you use a traditional charcoal barbecue, an electric, gas or even a solar version, proper maintenance is essential not only to ensure its longevity, but to guarantee healthy food on your plate.
The first thing to do when you decide to clean your barbecue is to remove the grease from the grill. And one of the very first tips is consistency!
Indeed, after each barbecue, we advise you to scrub the grill covered with grease and grilled remains, with a steel or brass brush, while it is still very hot.
Step 1: Remove grease and residues.
To remove the grease that has settled during the cooking of your food, we advise you to use a brush. If you don't have one, know that newsprint will be your best ally.
- When your cooking session is over, let the fire rest and cool.
- Once the grill is cool, gather several sheets of newsprint into a ball.
- Rub this paper ball on the grid to remove the residues.
Do not hesitate to repeat the operation in case of persistent grease. Your grill will be rid of the first impurities, all you have to do is wash it.
Step 2: Bicarbonate of soda & black soap for a great cleaning.
Once your barbecue grill is free of impurities thanks to your brush or newsprint, you can now move on to the cleaning stage.
You will need :
This time it is important to let the grill cool down before using the sponge.
- Mix ½ liter of fairly hot water with 2 tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda and 1 tablespoon of black soap.
- Scrub the grid with a sponge soaked in your mixture. If your basin is large enough, let it soak for a few minutes.
- Rinse with clear water and wipe with a clean rag or paper towel.
Step 3: Maintenance with white vinegar
Step 3 does not have to be done every time you clean, but we recommend that from time to time, once your cleaning is complete, you refine it with white vinegar.
To do this, nothing could be simpler than to pour a little white vinegar into a dry cloth and then rub your barbecue grill. It will come out shiny and perfectly free of impurities.
Now you know all our tips to clean your barbecue grill effectively and naturally without effort!