A lot of dirt can get on your wood deck over time. Wood can become damaged and it would be a shame to have a deck in poor condition. That's why you must take the time to clean it regularly. The Marius Fabre soap factory gives you its recipe for a clean wood deck !
How to recognize the soiling of a wood deck ?
As previously mentioned, moss, lichen, dust and dirt from everyday life get on your deck, especially in the shaping of the wood boards. The deck generally becomes slippery and visibly dirty. It takes on dark or greenish tones that are not very pretty. In time, this can damage the wood.
That's why we recommend that you wash your wood deck once or twice a year.
How to clean a wood deck with black soap ?
To clean your wood deck, it is preferable to use natural products and to banish bleach and all other aggressive products. Good for the environment, this product will not damage your deck or nearby plants.
In a 10 L bucket of hot water, pour 10 tablespoons of Marius Fabre black soap and mix. Pour the mixture on your wooden deck and brush with a hard broom. For a better result, leave for about 15 minutes so that the mixture penetrates the wood. Rinse thoroughly with clear water.
If some stains persist : in a 5L bucket of water, pour 5 tablespoons of black soap and 5 tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda. Perform the same process and rinse thoroughly.
Allow to dry thoroughly before repositioning your furniture or flower pots.
Tips to prevent rapid soiling of your wood deck.
1. If you have trees nearby, do not leave piles of dead leaves on your deck. Indeed, the accumulation will cause humidity on the terrace and will favour the appearance of moss and lichen.
2. Do you have a beautiful garden furniture and flower pots on your terrace? If you have the possibility to put them in your garage or shed, your terrace will thank you! Indeed, the furniture and objects form long-lasting shadow zones during the winter period. And once again, the shade brings humidity which will later promote the appearance of moss.
3. Treat your wood. It is very important to maintain your deck wood with a treatment of stain or varnish that will protect from weathering and dirt.
4. Do not use a pressure washer. Using a pressure washer can damage your boards and potentially hollow out the wood of your deck. Once these hollows are visible, moss, lichen and dirt will be happy to lodge in them. In the long run, your wood will be damaged.
5. Use natural and ecological products. If you get into the habit of cleaning your wood deck with Marius Fabre black soap, it will thank you! As a natural product, you can be sure that your wood will regain its shine and be nourished for the next 6 months.
One more time, the Marius Fabre soap factory gives you its secret for an economical and ecological cleaning with natural products that you will find on our website or directly in our Marius Fabre boutiques or at our retailers.