To care for your beauty accessories and especially your make-up brushes, and to preserve and protect your skin, you need to clean your make-up brushes regularly. Here we share with you our natural, both simple and eco-friendly!
Why clean your make-up brushes?
The main reason for cleaning your make-up brushes is to care for and protect your skin. Because using unwashed brushes means the build-up of germs and bacteria on your skin, which can lead to the appearance of blemishes (pimples, allergies...). You should clean your make-up brushes regularly. Ideally, one should wash the brush after each use, but if you don’t have the time, a once-a-week cleaning is sufficient!
How to clean your brushes naturally:
To clean your brushes naturally all you need is Marseille soap, a washcloth and an absorbent towel.
- Wet your brush with water.
- Brush the Marseille soap: we recommend brushing back and forth in the direction of the bristles.
- Gently massage the bristles in the palm of your hand, or on a wet washcloth.
- Rinse the brush with clean water.
- Let the brush dry horizontally, if possible with the bristles hanging off the edge of a countertop, or on an absorbent towel.
Good to know about Marseille soap
The block of Marseille soap made with olive oil has no colouring, no fragrance and no synthetic products. Marseille soap is made from vegetable oils and is mild and gentle on the skin and the environment. It is a natural, ecological and economic product which lasts a long time after drying.
Tips from Marius
Gentlemen, these cleaning instructions for make-up brushes totally apply to your shaving brush.