Your dishwasher accumulates grease and residue from your dishes on a daily basis. Just like other appliances, regular maintenance will guarantee a better life for your dishwasher.
There is no ideal frequency for washing your dishwasher, as we don't all use our dishwashers at the same frequency. However, if limescale sets in and bad odours appear, you must take action.
What you need :
Cleaning your dishwasher is very simple and does not require an assortment of household products in any kind.
You will need :
- → A sponge
- → Marius Fabre white vinegar
- → A tea towel or a clean rag
Marius' recipe :
1. Start by removing the various removable parts to clean them more easily in your sink: the lower basket, the upper basket, the waste filter, the salt tank cap and, if possible, the plate covering the tank (removable on some models).
You can clean them with your usual washing-up liquid or directly with a mixture of hot water and white vinegar.
2. Scrub then the door seal and the inside contours with your sponge humidified with hot water and white vinegar. This action will remove and destroy the limestone and any scale in your machine.
3. Finally, clean the machine by pouring 250ml of white vinegar into the tank of your dishwasher and run the machine empty, choosing the warmest wash cycle.
Now you know how to effectively clean your dishwasher !