- Prix en baisse
Marseille soap flakes, 750g, palm oil free
Since 1900 and for four family generations, we have been continuing in Salon de Provence the traditional process of soap making, cooked in a cauldron.
Innovation 2020: On the occasion of our 120th anniversary, we have managed to remove palm oil from all our soaps.
It is now replaced by oleic sunflower oil, a very special oil with many attractive features and in line with Marius Fabre soaps ‘philosophy: to make natural products that are kind to people and to the environment.
Guaranteed fragrance free and with no additives, our Marseille soap flakes are recommended for a gentle and efficient wash of all textiles, in particular fragile items (baby clothes, wool, silk, lace etc.). They are also biodegradable and phosphate free.
Oleic sunflower oil, an oil with many qualities
- A variety of sunflowers very rich in oleic acids
- A composition that is very close to olive oil, therefore very kind to the skin
- Rich in Omega 9 and vitamin E, oleic sunflower oil is a natural antioxidant
- A more sustainable oil
- A French and European origin
- The seeds of this sunflower are entirely refined in France, 200km away from Salon de Provence.
Net weight excluding packing: 750g
- 100% vegetable oils (Oleic sunflower oil, coconut oil)
- Free from artificial colourings, fragrance and preservatives
- Without chemical additives
- Without palm oil
Soap 30% and over (Sodium Sunflowerseedate, Sodium Cocoate)
Also contains: Aqua, Glycerine, Sodium chloride, Sodium hydroxide
The glycerine in our Marseille soaps has not been added, it is the one that is naturally present in vegetable oil. After a 10 day cooking period and many rinses, only a small amount remains. Authentic Marseille soap, when it is made according to traditional processes, is actually glycerine free.
“Glycerine” is, however, listed in our soaps’ ingredients because some traces remain. The new cosmetic regulation requires all ingredients, even in small quantities, to be stated in the list of ingredients.
With our new "palm oil-free" formula, we advise you to proceed as follows to make your laundry:
- put 30g of soap flakes at the bottom of your bottle
- pour very hot water on it, to melt them (start with approximately 200ml)
- shake well
- pour in about 200 ml of very hot water again
- shake well
- let stand if necessary, then top up again with very hot water to reach 1 liter of detergent.
- A phase shift can occur in laundry, due to its natural formula. You just need to shake the bottle vigorously to mix well again.
When you make your laundry with our new formula Marseille soap flakes, you may notice a difference in appearance, color or viscosity compared to the old formula (with palm oil). This is quite normal, as oleic sunflower oil which replaces palm oil is a fluid oil (like olive oil), and slightly darker. The quality of the detergent and its washing power are unchanged. It is just as efficient and even more ecological. Over time, if you prepare your laundry in advance, it will thicken. You just have to add hot water and shake it, to dilute it again.
- -0.50 €
- -0.10 €